The 2023 EMS & FIRE PRO Class Session Schedule Grid is now available for download.
Although the EMS & FIRE PRO App is the best way to plan your schedule, this is a handy one page glance at all the sessions we have to offer. Get a head start on planning your Expo experience by exploring our comprehensive schedule grid. This handy resource provides an overview of all the educational sessions, workshops, and activities taking place during the event.
Please keep in mind that the schedule is subject to change as we continue to refine and enhance your Expo experience. Be sure to check for updates regularly to ensure you don’t miss any valuable sessions.
Get ready to be amazed by the incredible session topics lined up for the EMS & FIRE PRO Expo! Our diverse range of sessions covers everything from advanced clinical and pediatric care to administration and leadership, fire pro, and operations. We’ve handpicked these topics to provide attendees with a well-rounded and enriching experience. Join us to dive deep into the latest trends, gain valuable insights, and enhance your skills in the ever-evolving world of EMS and Fire Services. Check out our awesome session line-up below!
- “I’m old and confused and I don’t know why?”
- A Bolt Out of the Blue
- Drowning and Management of Submersion Injuries
- Hip To Be Square: Hip and Pelvic Fractures
- Hole-y Trauma Batman: Body Cavity Injuries
- Keeping your head above water when your patient has drowned
- Patients of Different Strokes – TIAs, CVAs, and LVOs. Not all strokes are the same
- PEARLS in Treating the ETOH Patient
- Shoot it, Smoke it, Snort it: EMS detection of drugs that impair
- The ABC’s of Geriatrics: A Focus on Fundamentals to Prevent Cardiac Arrest
- This, That or the Other Thing: Anxiety, MI or both?
- Thoracic Trauma: The Emergent Truth
- Traumatic Brain Injury and Concussion in the Emergency Department
EMS PRO 1
- Active Shooter: Assess, Prepare, Respond
- An Extraordinary Mind: The Basics of Mental Illness
- Bicycles, Bats, Balls & Trauma Calls in Local Ball Parks
- Emergencies in Sports Neurology
- Experiences from Poland and Ukraine
- Extreme Gun Shot Wounds
- Management of the Autistic Patient in the Pre-Hospital Setting
- Often Wrong, never in doubt: When our brain works against us
- Short Circuit: Seizures
- Social Media Assisted Career Suicide
- Stress and Women in First Responder Roles
- That SMELL, the LOOK, now TREAT it!
EMS PRO 2
- Bizarre and Unusual Case Studies: You can’t make this stuff up!
- Common Errors in Report Writing
- Implicit Bias in EMS
- In the Drink: Understanding Alcohol Use Disorder for EMS Providers
- Inclusive Care: An Intro to LGBTQIA+ in EMS
- Law Enforcement and EMS
- Mechanical Metabolism: EMS and the future of Diabetic Care
- Motor Vehicle Collisions “On the Highway & Back Roads”
- Public Access Naloxone: saving lives or rewarding dangerous behavior?
- What to do when the bleeding can’t stop
- When edibles aren’t so tasty: The mythical truths about THC overdoses
- When Puking Has a Poor Prognosis
- When Ticks Attack: Complications of Lyme Disease
- Combating Negativity
- Conquer your Stress, Go from Worrier to Warrior
- Everyone Wants to Lead, But Where’s The Ladder?
- Leadership and Personnel Development
- Never Go Up Against a Sicilian When Death is on the Line: Leadership Lessons From the Princess Bride
- Next-Gen EMS Leaders, where do we find them?
- Overcoming Resistance to Change
- Principles of Just Culture
- Standing Behind your Team: How accountability transforms managers into leaders
- Taking the Right STEPP Forward: Reducing Error by Improving Communication
- The Complacency Cascade & How it’s Killing Your Agency
- What the Heck Do Volunteers Really Want?
- What we have here is a failure to communicate: Top Communications Tips from Great Leaders
- A “Mini” Stroke? When Pediatric Patients Experience CVA
- Cardiac Arrest in Pregnancy
- Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting: a Primer for the First Responder
- Epiglottitis or Croup? A Case-based Approach in a Young Child
- Little Tykes are not Little Adults!
- Pediatric Burn Care
- Pediatric Pain Management – Prehospital Recognition, Assessment, and Treatment
- Pediatric Respiratory Emergencies: Asthma, Anaphylaxis and Foreign Bodies
- Pediatric Triage
- Prehospital Management of an Infant with Bronchiolitis: A Case-based Approach
- Preparing for Peds: Building a Mindset that Fosters Technical and Cognitive Readiness
- The Littles’: Caring for neonates in the 1 hour
- When the Baby Turns Blue: Brief Resolved Unexplained Events